Tuesday, March 24, 2009

All That I Can Say

These are the lyrics to a David Crowder Band song that I absolutely love. That is no longer in print. That I do not own. That I wished they would re-release somehow, somewhere. Actually, I love most things by DCB. I'm trying to create a playlist on the side so you can listen as you read the lyrics. That is one of my favorite things to do. (sorry if you have your volume on & you don't want to hear it). It really describes my feelings many days of this journey. It really is a beautiful, raw, honest, full-of-grief-&-Hope song. Love it. Hope you do too.

All That I Can Say

David Crowder Band

Lord I'm tired
So tired from walking
And Lord I'm so alone
And Lord the dark
Is creeping in
Creeping up
To swallow me
I think I'll stop
Rest here a while

Chorus:
And this is all that I can say right now
(I know it’s not much)
And this is all that I can give
(and that’s my everything)
And this is all that I can say right now
(I know it’s not much)
And this is all that I can give
(and that’s my everything)

And didn't You see me cry'n?
And didn't You hear me call Your name?
Wasn't it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You'd remember
Where you sat it down

Chorus:
And this is all that I can say right now
(I know it’s not much)
And this is all that I can give
(and that’s my everything)
And this is all that I can say right now
(I know it’s not much)
And this is all that I can give
(and that’s my everything)

I didn't notice You were standing here
I didn't know that
That was You holding me
I didn't notice You were cry'n too
I didn't know that
That was You washing my feet

Chorus:
And this is all that I can say right now
(I know it’s not much)
And this is all that I can give
(and that’s my everything)
And this is all that I can say right now
(I know it’s not much)
And this is all that I can give
(and that’s my everything)


I love that it is filled with the honesty of struggle, but yet the reminder that He always has been & always will be right there. Such a reason to hope in the midst of heartache. So much reason to hope. Hope not in what the world gives, but an eternal Hope in the One thing that will not ever change. Everything eventually changes. Jobs change. Where you live changes. People's feelings change. Moods change. Families change. Hair color changes (some faster than others & I'm not talkin about dying your hair here, folks. sigh. why did my family send this gene down to me???).

Everything can & probably will at some point, change. Everything except the sure, steadfast, never-ending, all-encompassing, comforting, filling, (un-deserving) & gracious love of God. That, my friends, will not change. Hold fast & hard to it & to Him when the storms come. He just may be the only thing left standing when the storm passes. He's the only thing that is certain to still be standing. And you don't want to be left standing there alone, beaten from the wind & rain of a storm, without a strong anchor. For though I feel as though I've been buffeted by a mighty storm, I am not alone. He holds me, carries me, stands with me, & goes ahead of me. He hems me in behind & before.

Psalm 139: 1-12

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;

you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;

you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.
You hem me in-behind and before;

you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?

Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;

if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,

if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me.”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great song, Jen.
    I had never heard it before Angie's Blog and it is just so 'raw' and honest.

    ReplyDelete